Azores is providing a unique opportunity to create innovative science lessons by taking advantage of the unique cultural and natural heritage. Learn how you can use modern technology to take advantage of your local environment to create inspiring science lessons. This course is organised in the framework of the projects PLATON, IDiverSE and Digital Schools of Europe. It aims at engaging teachers in modern ways to motivate students to seek knowledge while providing a unique experience for the participants in terms of meeting colleagues from other countries and visiting world heritage sites and exclusive natural sites.
The main objective is to help teachers:
- Apply innovative methodologies such as Inquiry based learning
- Create the perfect teaching environment, tailored to the needs of their students
- Prepare interdisciplinary lessons using the Big Ideas of Science
- Promote international collaborative projects
- Involve students in real research experiences
- Meet colleagues from different countries
- Use modern tools such as drones, raspberry Pi and robots to design exciting science projects for students
- Use inovative tools for assessing students' inquiry and 21st century skills
Come join us in the unique environment of Terceira Island, home of the UNESCO worldwide heritage ‘Angra do Heroismo,’ place of unique beauty for its geology, biology and its people.
The course fee for Erasmus+ applicants is 70€/day. The course fee covers:
- All materials needed for the course
- Tuition fee for lectures, seminars and workshops
Download the visiting guide here
The preliminary programme will be available soon. Dates are tentative.
PLATON is a two-year European project launched on September 2016. It aspires to provide teachers and school communities with a coherent teachers’ training framework which will update their current teaching practices. More particularly, PLATON aims to offer an open and innovative training framework to teachers of primary and secondary education which will focus on:
Largo Topázios 48,
Phone: +351 21 453 7440